We support tweens, teens, adults and their families.
We focus on communication, social communication, cognitive-communication and executive functioning difficulties associated with brain injuries or neurodivergence.
Our Speech Pathology Services
- Truly person driven and family focused.
- Collaborative - we want to hear what you want.
- Caring, supportive and flexible.
- Respect your dignity and autonomy.
- Value relationships with clients and their supports.
- Travel throughout Northeast Victoria and Southern NSW where possible.
We can work with clients and their families with the following diagnoses
- Developmental Disorders
Autism, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Acquired Brain Injuries
Stroke, traumatic brain injury, dementia, post neurosurgery
- Progressive Neurological Disorders
MND, MS, Parkinsons Disease
- Genetic Disorders
Huntington's Disease, Fragile X
At Insight Speech we have helped with
- Being able to communicate health information to family and GP post stroke.
- Working on how to talk to your peers. When to talk to them, what to say, working when to talk and end the conversation.
- Starting and navigating the dating world. Help with online dating experience, sharing who you are, keeping yourself safe and developing relationships.
- Chatting and learning about safety, consent and sex.
- Study skills for high school and university.
- Support with planning, organisation and completing jobs when moving to a different state.
- Being able to remember special family events and information post stroke.
- Skills for community tasks and outings and how to curb less desirable language.
- Knowing what to say and what not to say when you’re at appointments.
- Communication skills in relationships and strategies for disagreements.
- How to order a beer at the local pub after a stroke
- Ways to make phone calls, organise and remember appointments after traumatic brain injury.
- How to answer questions succinctly in a job interview after a brain haemorrhage.
- Write and present a speech for a school occasion.
- Meeting with friends on the weekend.
- How to use social media safely and respectfully.